Monday, December 1, 2014

Roasted Cauliflower with Onion, Garlic, and Thyme

1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
6 sprigs fresh thyme
4 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spread cauliflower, onion, garlic, and thyme in one layer on a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 35 to 45 minutes, or until fork-tender, stirring frequently with a spatula or large spoon to even out the browning. Taste occasionally to see if more salt or pepper is needed. Remove from oven, remove garlic cloves, and season to taste.

I found this recipe online from a cookbook by Chloe Coscarelli called Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen. I made it on Thanksgiving and ended up eating the whole thing it was so good. That was the only thing I ate on Thanksgiving so I guess that's not too bad. I peeled the garlic even though the recipe says unpeeled and ate it along with the onions and cauliflower. The onions tasted like onion rings but better. My apartment smelled wonderful. I stole this image from the website where the recipe was posted because I have lost my photographer to the Big Apple.

No comments: