Monday, June 2, 2014

Common Bond Bakery

On Saturday, Cameron and I went to Common Bond, a new bakery in Houston on Westheimer in Montrose. We had to wait in line for about 30 minutes but it was definitely worth the wait. It seemed like I bought at least 1 of everything but that's probably an exaggeration. I had the best pastry I've ever had before, the Kouign Amann, a round croissant like pastry with carmelized sugar on top. The fruit croissant was a close second. Everything was good including the macaroons. There are macaroon shops all over Houston now but these were much better than anything else I've had.




Here is a link to one of the many articles about this bakery that many are describing as one of the best bakeries in the country:
http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/05-16-14-common-bonds-sweet-secrets-a-behind-the-curtain-look-at-houstons-ultra-hyped-new-bakery/

No comments: